Southern Home & Kitchen's
Cooking Class Assistant Program
Want to meet new friends, eat wonderful food, work with noted chefs, attend elegant dinners with your spouse or friend, develop culinary skills, and build a volume of menus and recipes - all at
no cost? If your answer is YES, sign up to become a volunteer
cooking class assistant at Southern Home & Kitchen!
Qualifications for Becoming an Assistant
· Attend any cooking class offered at SoHo as a participant first
· Be able to move around and be on feet assisting in the kitchen during a 3 hour period (with breaks, of course!)
What the Assistants Do
· Set up the kitchen area and meet the chef before the class
· Help the chef throughout the class with clean up and serving food
· Pour drinks for cooking class guests throughout the class
· Wash dishes throughout the class and at the end
Roughly 3 hours (usually 5:30-8:30 pm)
Most of our classes are offered at 6 pm, though please double-check the schedule to know if the class you sign up for is different! Plan on arriving 30 minutes before the class begins and staying 10-30 minutes after the class to help finish clean up.
What’s In It For You
· Meet new people, including local chefs
· Learn new kitchen and service skills
· Receive copies of all recipes used during each class
· Sample food made during each class
· Receive a $100 gift certificate to SoHo after volunteering for 5 different cooking classes
If you would like to volunteer, please email or call Linda or Maggie (firstname.lastname@example.org, 336.777.3660) with a list of 3 classes that you would like to assist. We will assign you a class on a first-come, first-served basis. You may sign up to assist another class after you complete one.
Thank you for your interest in our program, we look forward to cooking with you!